Below, please find the details for August 8, 10, and 15, 2018.
Choir & Dance start August 8, 2018
• 5:15 – 6:00 Youth Choir
• 6:00 – 6:45 Cherub Choir***
• 6:00 – 6:45 King’s Kids***
• 6:00 – 6:45 Beginning Sacred Dance
• 6:45 – 7:30 Junior Sacred Dance
• 7:30 – 8:15 Intermediate Sacred Dance
• 8:15 – 9:00 Advanced Sacred Dance
If you are attending Choir, Dance or any classes or workshops beginning in August, and you plan on eating dinner, registration is required. See below.
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 – Children’s Ministry Volunteer Workshop
If you are a parent of a child, we pray you will feel called to help in a Sunday morning class. We need committed adults to build relationships with these children to help guide them through their time learning about the unconditional love God has for them. This workshop is to introduce changes made for the new year, new team teaching and how to be a part of a team, class covenants and new steps being taken to help our children and our campus be safe in emergency situations. This is not the Child Protection Training. That is available online www.mandarinumc.net
Dinner is available, if you are attending Choir, Dance or Volunteer workshop.
5-6:30pm: Chick-Fil-A, chips, drink and cookie. Childcare is available during workshop upon registration. All dinner reservations must be paid in advance. To register for dinner, or for workshop on August 8, click here.
Friday, August 10, 2018 – Family Scavenger Hunt and Blessing of the Backpacks
Includes pizza dinner, family scavenger hunt, and blessing of the backpacks to kick off the new school year.
Register one person from your family and prepay $10.00 for your pizza, salad, drinks and dessert. You can choose a cheese pizza or a pizza with one topping of your choice. To sign up, click here. All attendees must be paid in advance.
Wednesday, August 15, 2018 – Parenting Workshop, Financial Peace University FREE Preview, Movie screening
Dinner is available, if you are attending Choir, Dance or any of the above activities.
5-6:30pm: Sub sandwiches, chips, drink and cookie. Childcare is available during all activities upon registration. All dinner reservations must be paid in advance.
To register for dinner, or for above activities on August 15, click here.
• This is a FREE parenting workshop featuring Dr. Michelle Prosje and Lauren May, M.Ed. All parents are welcome to attend.
• During this class we will be focusing on turning parenting conflicts into cooperation. Copies of the class material are available on Amazon here (https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Love-Difficult-Discipline-Cooperation/dp/0060007753/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531852941&sr=8-1&keywords=easy+to+love+difficult+to+discipline+by+becky+bailey)
• We will also have a few copies on hand in advance. This class will give parents strategies that will help them model behavior they want their kids to follow, basic discipline skills that will help your child at home and school, and values for living with integrity, respect, compassion, and responsibility.
Financial Peace University FREE Preview
• Want to see what Financial Peace University is all about? Come to the Free Preview to get a brief introduction on the 9-week course and order a kit.
I Can Only Imagine Movie Screening
• Study guides will be available for $11.00.