Date Posted: June 20
Categories: Recreation Ministry Intern
Denomination: United Methodist (Mandarin UMC in Jacksonville)
Church Size: Over 1000 weekly at all services
Job Type: Part-Time Salary Range $10 hourly (5 hours)
Are you a college student who is feeling God’s call to the ministry? Do you want to give back to the community as a role model to children and youth? Interested in seeing and learning ministry first hand? Are you interested in helping people connect with God?
Some of the job responsibilities:
- Intern will aid the department head of Recreation Ministries creating exciting experiences for children and youth through our sports programs
- Intern will create and facilitate environments for children and youth to learn about God through sports
- Intern will work with adult and youth coaches to enhance their coaching experiences and ensure effective interaction
- Intern will lead devotions and preach to the congregation at Mandarin UMC
- Intern will learn about all facets of ministry along with pastoral interaction.
- Intern will create relationships with families, many of whom have no relationship with Christ, mentoring them in their Christian Walk
Please note: ONLY applicants with ALL documents submitted: 1) application (found online at www.mandarinumc.com), 2) resume 3) cover letter – by July 15 will be considered for an interview. You can also mail a hard copy to Mandarin United Methodist Church C/O Sandy Strickland 11270 San Jose Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32223. A full job description can be found online at www.mandarinumc.com.