Date Posted: July 5, 2018
Categories: Fall 2018 through Winter 2019 Children’s Ministry Intern
Denomination: United Methodist (Mandarin UMC in Jacksonville)
Church Size: Over 1000 weekly at all services
Are you a college student who is feeling God’s call to work with children? Do you want to give back as a role model? Interested in seeing and learning ministry first hand? If you answered “yes!” to any of these questions, check out the Mandarin United Methodist Church Children’s Ministry internship program!
This is a part-time internship position.
To apply, complete the Intern Application and return it with your resume, a cover letter explaining why you want to work with children, and letter of reference from a pastor or ministry leader, to Sandy Strickland, Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
- College or graduate student, age 19 to 28
- One year of college preferred
- Criminal background screening and drug screening will be required
Some of the job responsibilities:
- Wednesday evening and Sunday morning hours, plus additional flexible hours
- Preparing weekly lessons for Sunday morning and Wednesday nights for children Kindergarten to Fifth Grade
- Intern will create and facilitate hands-on opportunities for students to learn about God
- Intern will update the atmosphere monthly with learning and lesson based items.
- Interns will create relationships with students, mentoring young people in their Christian walk
Mandarin United Methodist Church is a dynamic and active church located in the Mandarin area of Jacksonville, Florida.
This is an exciting ministry, experiencing growth and offering opportunities to reach the surrounding community and the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Mandarin UMC has a robust Youth and Children’s Ministry that creates a safe, loving environment for students to grow in Christ.
If this sounds exciting, please submit your application documents!