Date Posted: August 2, 2018
Denomination: United Methodist (Mandarin UMC in Jacksonville)
Church Size: Over 1000 weekly at all services
Job Type: Part-Time Salary Range $15 hourly (25 hours)
Do you enjoy connecting with people?
Do you have a passion to see people connect with God and with others?
This job is for the passionate lover of Jesus Christ who loves to connect with others. This position will focus on developing strategies to recruit, equip and empower small group hosts in our new church launch and in our existing campus.
The Small Groups Coordinator is responsible for welcoming and connection processes as well as the administrative support for Small Groups, Fresh Expressions and Community Events.
Additionally, the Coordinator inputs weekly data on visitors to Longleaf Church events, requests for information, and attendance in Fresh Expressions and Small Groups. The Coordinator organizes and promotes events with the support of the pastors and the leaders of various discipleship groups and Fresh Expressions.
This energetic volunteer coordinator will live into the mission and vision of Mandarin UMC. This person will be encouraged to maintain a consistent program of self-improvement and will keep informed on ways to continue to grow the volunteer ministries of Mandarin UMC.
1. Identify, recruit and empower new hosts/leaders for small groups at Mandarin and Longleaf.
2. Answer questions regarding curriculum availability with supervision and assistance of a theological perspective from supervising pastor/s.
3. Provide administrative support for Longleaf small groups and Mandarin UMC Small Groups and Fresh Expressions.
4. Assist Mandarin and Longleaf Church in evaluation by administering feedback forms and coordinating evaluation process to identify future groups and topics.
5. Assist pastor/s with continuing a facilitating and teaching workshop to assist current and future hosts, leaders and volunteers to grow in their abilities to facilitate conversation in a group.
6. Provide encouragement and excitement around the new ministries at Longleaf Church through one on one conversation, social media, promotion, and small and large groups.
7. Manage administrative duties such as ordering of curriculum, preparation of community events and follow-up of such events.
8. Collect visitor information from Longleaf Church events, including first-time visitor information, special requests on connection cards, and any other vital and valuable information in the growth and ministry of our church as it relates to Longleaf Church.
9. Follow up calls with newcomers in consultation with pastors from events and groups.
10. Record individual attendance for all off campus Small Groups and Fresh Expressions.
11. Email appropriate staff members and outside leaders regarding requests by those in attendance at Discipleship Groups, Fresh Expressions, Community Events and Worship.
12. Compose, type and route weekly information and reports into the ACS system for follow-up with pastors.
13. Coordinate volunteers to assist with the responsibilities of this position, including follow-up calls and data entry.
14. Provide detailed vital statistic reports, as directed, to MUMC Business Administrator.
15. Inform Media Arts Coordinator and Communications Department of any events that need promotion via social media and website.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred. At least 2 years of secretarial experience with strong skills using word processing, graphics, spreadsheet and media software. Experience with Microsoft Office and/or Mac IOS is mandatory. Experience in ACS is preferred. Excellent oral / written communications skills are mandatory. This position requires excellent organizational skills. This position requires the ability to assess incoming requests, establish priorities and route as appropriate. Excellent time management skills are imperative. Experience in the recruitment, engagement and encouragement of volunteers, small group leaders and hosts is preferred.
MUMC STAFF REQUIREMENTS
16. Satisfactory pre-employment background screening is a mandatory condition of MUMC employment.
17. Agreement to terms specified in the MUMC Personnel Manual and Child Youth Protection Policy (CYPP).
18. Familiar with MUMC Facility Policy (posted at MUMC.net) guidelines for use of campus facilities.
19. Familiar with the current MUMC Strategic Plan.
20. CPR / Defibrillator / First Aid certification is highly recommended (periodic training is offered).
MUMC PERSONAL QUALITIES
21. Demonstrate a desire to share / grow in knowledge, commitment and profession of the Christian faith.
22. Dedicated work ethic – can identify / prioritize / perform tasks efficiently and with minimal supervision.
23. Dependable organization and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines as expected.
24. Excellent written / verbal communication skills (including proficiency with use of PC / web applications)
25. Ability to work in a courteous, cooperative, patient and helpful manner with co-workers and others.
26. Ability to manage conflict resolution with honesty, integrity and professionalism.
27. Ability to accept flexible work assignments outside the primary scope of your responsibility.
28. Ability to recruit, motivate and supervise volunteers as necessary to supplement MUMC activities.
29. Commitment to maintain confidentiality with respect to the business of the church.
30. Demonstrated lifestyle that does not undermine your effectiveness as an MUMC employee.
Please send 1) application, 2) resume 3) cover letter by September 1 to email@example.com or a hard copy to Mandarin United Methodist Church C/O Sandy Strickland 11270 San Jose Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32223. A full job description can be found online at www.mandarinumc.com