We are looking for a full-time Director of Communications.
- This person will oversee and ensure quality control of all internal and external communications for the Church and maintain timely and effective delivery to target markets from ministry to ministry.
- This person will work with church and ministry leaders to develop and implement cohesive communications strategies and messages to increase community visibility and reach those not currently associated with the church
- This person will assemble, model servant leadership, and provide oversight of diversely skilled lay volunteer communications teams including digital, video, photography, print, story, copywriting, social media, and web development.
- This person will develop and execute brand guidelines and materials that create a cohesive, consistent message from ministry to ministry.
- This person will work with the senior leadership team and other church and ministry leaders to develop and maintain communications processes and define priorities to create an environment in which messages can be communicated clearly, concisely, consistently, and effectively
- This person will oversee all public relations efforts, develop, and maintain relationships with local media outlets and other outside organizations in consultation with the senior leadership team and the Florida Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church.
- This person will facilitate proactive communications ideas, calendaring, and church-wide and ministry-specific initiatives. This individual is a visionary with a contagious spirit to see how the church can be concise, clear and creative in their communications.
- This person will be aware of the public perception of Church and cultivate an environment of readiness and alertness
- This person will have strong crisis management and preemptive planning skills
- This person will be responsible for creating and maintaining a compelling and attractive voice for the Church and project a positive image to the community
- This person will be current on creative, communications and technological trends and looks for opportunities to use this information to more effectively communicate with the community and church family
- This person will oversee and manage the Church’s communications budget
- This person will perform other duties as assigned
- This position reports to the Senior Pastor
- Communications: 3 years (Preferred)
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
Preferred Qualifications And Skills:
- Bachelors in Communications, Marketing or related field. Equivalencies in the form of experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing, communications, and creative, and experience with the communication of the Christian message, especially with web-based media.
- Proven track record of effective management of multiple teams in a complex environment.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro, After Effects).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new applications.
- Experience with digital media buys, app development and web development.
- Church ministry experience is strongly desired.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- History of successful team-building with various gift mixes – creatives, managers, programmers, etc.
- Strong and confident influencer with the ability to bring direction to other leaders.
- Satisfactory pre-employment background screening is a mandatory condition of church employment.
- Agreement to terms specified in Personnel Manual and Child Youth Protection Policy (CYPP).
- Familiar with Facility Policy guidelines for use of church campus facilities.
- Familiar with the current church Strategic Plan.
- CPR / Defibrillator / First Aid certification is highly recommended (periodic training is offered).
Church Personal Qualities
- Demonstrate a desire to share / grow in knowledge, commitment and profession of the Christian faith.
- Has a passion to grow in faith and for others to know Christ
- Is trustworthy and dependable
- Dedicated work ethic – can identify / prioritize / perform tasks efficiently and with minimal supervision.
- Dependable organization and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines as expected.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills (including proficiency with use of PC / web applications)
- Ability to work in a courteous, cooperative, patient and helpful manner with co-workers and others.
- Ability to manage conflict resolution with honesty, integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to accept flexible work assignments outside the primary scope of your responsibility.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and supervise volunteers as necessary to supplement church activities.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality with respect to the business of the church.
- Demonstrated commitment to working and living consistent with effective Christian leadership principles.
- $19.24 – $21.64 per hour
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19