Care Visitation Team (CVT): What is it?
A group of Mandarin UMC lay members who provide visitation care with compassion, encouragement, and support for church members who are:
- Receiving Long-term Care
- In a Nursing Facility
- In Assisted Living
The CVT also providing words of encouragement through our greeting card ministry.
Role of the CVT: What do we do?
- Provide compassionate, loving care and assist with immediate spiritual needs for members of the MUMC family
- Visit with church members as assigned by the Care Visitation Team Coordinators
- Pray with these members and their families (with permission) and in your private prayers
- Complete assigned visits dependably and report on visits by email to the CVT team
- Assess and initiate additional support, i.e., meals, transportation, or suggest a longer visitation program, such as Stephen Ministry
- Notify appropriate groups of these needs for additional support
- Provide contact information during visit (business card) and suggest other helpful items (Upper Room booklets, Guideposts, etc.)
- Assist Care Visitation Pastor with any additional duties, as needed
Qualifications for a CVT member: What are they?
- Membership at MUMC for one year and a regular worship attendee
- Ability to commit four hours per month to the CVT ministry
- Submission of the application form and participation with a follow-up meeting with a MUMC pastor
- Online completion of the Spiritual Gifts Survey (if not taken within last 5 years)
- Participation in monthly meetings with other CVT members for feedback, problem solving, and discussion of any concerns or issues
- Attendance at the CVT training session(s)
Interested in the CVT ministry? Complete the application CVT Application and submit it to the MUMC office. Once submitted, a member of the Pastoral team will contact you for an interview.