COVID-19 Procedures for Mandarin UMC
The relaunch team meets regularly to adjust campus scheduling based on best practices in keeping participants safe and the current demographics of COVID cases in Clay, Duval, and St. Johns counties. Please continue reading to see our updated approved campus activities, our policy for both COVID positives and exposure, and our procedures of moving among phases. These policies are followed by both the Mandarin and Longleaf campuses. Please feel free to reach out to our relaunch team for any additional information.
Updated Mask Guidance (as of September 24, 2021)
Procedures for COVID Exposure
- Worship services, practices, and preparations related to worship.
- Adult, youth, and children’s ministries
- Committee meetings
- Stephen Ministers
- Upward basketball practices and games
Guidelines for Indoor Spaces:
- 6’ distance must be maintained at all times by all people who do not live together.
- Masks required at all times unless temporary removal is required for a specifically approved activity.
- Temperatures must be taken before entering the room.
- Please keep a record of all in attendance for contact tracing.
- Food and drinks may not be consumed indoors at any time.
- Large meeting areas may be used twice in a day with 4 hours between groups. Smaller rooms may only be used for one activity per day.
All groups welcome to meet in outdoor areas.
Guidelines for Outdoor Spaces:
6’ distance must be maintained at all times by all people who do not live together.
Masks may be removed when seated but are required at all other times – this includes when groups are in motion and unable to space out.
Please keep a record of all in attendance for contact tracing.
Food and drinks allowed if prepackaged or served by individuals observing proper safety procedures. 6’ distance must be maintained while eating.
If an area will be used more than once in a day, any touchpoints must be disinfected.
Positive COVID Test
In the event you have tested positive for COVID, the quarantine period is 14 days. The following conditions will need to be met before returning to the property:
- At least 10 days since symptoms first appeared AND
- At least 24 hours without a temperature over 100.4 without fever-reducing medication AND
- Other symptoms of COVID are improving (loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks after recovery)
- If you experience no symptoms, you may return after 14 days.
Contact the church to let us know who you were in close contact with and what areas you used while on the property.
You should quarantine if you have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID. Close contact is if you were within 6 feet of the person for a total of 15 minutes or more, or if you were in direct physical contact with the person. Quarantine for a direct exposure lasts for 10 days. You may return after 7 days with a negative result from a test taken 5 days after the exposure. A negative test result is not required if you quarantine for the full 10 days with no symptoms.
If someone in your household is in quarantine due to a direct exposure with a COVID-positive person, you do not need to quarantine unless they develop symptoms. It is strongly recommended that you wear a mask around them and others while they complete their quarantine period.
Relaunch Update - September 24, 2021
Love for Neighbor
- Masks are now required at all times while indoors. They are not required for performers in worship services while singing or speaking, or while actively participating in athletic events as the participants have opted into the risks associated during those activities and will return masks at the completion of that activity. Masks are not required while outdoors.
- Masks are required at all times while indoors for children under 12 and the people working with them, regardless of the activity.
- Food must be eaten outdoors.
- Social Distancing encouraged.
- Masks required for staff in shared spaces, but not in individual offices.
- Food may be served indoors but must be eaten outdoors.
- No minimum turnover time for rooms required at this point.
- Reservations for services not required at this point.
- Masks required for singing if children under 12 involved. Social distancing while singing encouraged.
- Masks required while not actively participating in an athletic event.