The Administrative Assistant is responsible for coordinating the church office. This involves maintaining the church calendar and booking of rooms and facilities, as well as working with a team of volunteers who assist with greeting people and answering phones. This position has responsibility for creating our weekly bulletin and regular e-mail communication with staff and congregational leaders.
- Preparing, updating, and maintaining a comprehensive church calendar.
- Assign rooms, facilities, and space as needed.
- Preparing and printing of a weekly church bulletin along with other periodic documents.
- Coordinate and organize front office of the church, including:
- Greet incoming members and visitors in person and by phone.
- Coordinate team of front office volunteers who assist with administrative task.
- Place orders for general office supplies as needed.
- Contact for printer and postage machine when maintenance of supplies are needed.
- Organize and keep track of the distribution of church keys.
- Create and publish emails to communicate pastoral needs, including a weekly prayer requests email and a daily hospital report (Monday – Thursday).
- Assist with church mailings.
- Assist the Pastors as needed.
- Maintain hospitable atmosphere for church membership and community in the church office with the utilization of volunteers.
- Helping church Pastoral Team, Lay Staff and Church membership maintain a church calendar.
- Maintain an efficient church office through passing on information promptly and ensuring maintenance of supplies and equipment as needed.
- Experience working as an Administrative Assistant, in office operations, or similar position.
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication.
- Excellent skills in working in a team environment.
- Experience working for faith-based organizations preferred.
- Excellent skills with MS Office Suite.