Director of Music and Arts Ministries
The Director of Music and Arts Ministries provides direction and education for the Music Ministry of the church through vocal groups, handbells, soloists, and instrumentalists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, select and plan music for our weekly sanctuary worship service, and other special services and programs throughout the year.
- Direct, accompany, or otherwise provide for and arrange the music selections. Modify music as appropriate. When required, write-up / transpose the necessary music for instrumentalist accompaniment.
- Work with Senior Pastor and the MUMC staff team to plan worship that integrates music with the other aspects of worship, honors the traditions of the church, and provides opportunities for a variety of people to participate, including all ages.
- Supervise assigned MUMC staff including the Organist and Director of Children’s choir. Responsible for performing annual reviews of any employees that directly report to this position.
- Encourage, give direction and support volunteers who support worship services in our sanctuary.
- Budget, select and purchase the necessary music and equipment to support MUMC sanctuary worship and other programs.
- Responsible for ensuring continuity of funeral and wedding arrangements.
A college degree in music is required (major in voice and piano/organ is preferred). Must have the ability to write or transpose music for instrumentalists. Proficiency in piano is desired but not necessary.
- Demonstrate a desire to share / grow in knowledge, commitment and profession of the Christian faith.
- Dedicated work ethic – can identify / prioritize / perform tasks efficiently and with minimal supervision.
- Dependable organization and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines as expected.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills (including proficiency with use of PC / web applications)
- Ability to work in a courteous, cooperative, patient and helpful manner with co-workers and others.
- Ability to manage conflict resolution with honesty, integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to accept flexible work assignments outside the primary scope of your responsibility.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and supervise volunteers as necessary to supplement MUMC activities.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality with respect to the business of the church.
- Demonstrated lifestyle that does not undermine your effectiveness as an MUMC employee.