Learning Ladders Preschool Director
The Learning Ladders Preschool Director works in coordination with qualified Mandarin United Methodist Church and Learning Ladders staff to lead and develop high-quality educational and Christ-centered preschool programs. The Learning Ladders Preschool Director will ensure that our preschool presence enhances Mandarin UMC’s mission of “Loving God and Neighbor”, “Building Community” with “No Limits.” Learning Ladders Pre-School is an award-winning school and was voted “Best Preschool in Jacksonville” by Jax for Kids.
What to Expect:
- Oversee Learning Ladders program including placement of children, preparation of curriculum / applications, setting tuition scales, setting start/end dates and monitoring enrollment numbers.
- Conduct meetings for all Learning Ladders staff (and aides) as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Child Youth Protection Policy (CYPP).
- Responsible for ensuring that the pre-school is in compliance with all licensing and safety regulations. Required to update paperwork on a regular basis and prepare for any inspections.
- (A comprehensive list is found in the job description)
- College degree (B.A./B.S.) in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, OR an Associates (A.S.) two-year degree in Early Childhood/Child Development, OR a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) issued by the Council for Early Childhood Professional Recognition.
- An active/current Directors Credential with VPK endorsement.
- Proficient with Word, spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Effective communication
- Organizational skills
- Ability to set objectives/vision, motivate staff, and implement children’s ministries for spiritual formation.
- Denomination: United Methodist (Mandarin UMC -Jacksonville/Longleaf Church – St. Johns)
- 3 Worship services / 2 campuses weekly
- Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours
- Pay: $45,000 – $49,000. Pension and health stipend will be included
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter before November 10th to Angie Engelthaler at email@example.com or a hard copy to Mandarin United Methodist Church C/O Angie Engelthaler 11270 San Jose Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32223.