Date Posted: October 11, 2018
Denomination: United Methodist (Mandarin UMC in Jacksonville)
Church Size: Over 1000 weekly at all services
Job Type: Part-Time Hourly $12.00 (10-15 hours per week)
- Rec Assistant will aid the Director of Recreation Ministries in creating exciting experiences for children and youth through sports programs
- Rec Assistant will create and facilitate environments for children and youth to learn about God through sports
- Rec Assistant will work with adult and youth coaches to enhance their coaching experiences and ensure effective interaction
- Rec Assistant will lead devotions during sports programs
- Rec Assistant will learn about all facets of ministry along with pastoral interaction.
- Rec Assistant will create relationships with families, many of whom have no relationship with Christ, mentoring them in their Christian Walk
MUMC Staff Requirements
- Satisfactory pre-employment background screening is a mandatory condition of MUMC employment.
- Agreement to terms specified in the MUMC Personnel Manual and Child Youth Protection Policy (CYPP).
- Familiar with MUMC Facility Policy (posted MUMC.net) guidelines for use of campus facilities.
- Familiar with the current MUMC Strategic Plan.
- CPR / Defibrillator / First Aid certification is required (periodic training is offered).
MUMC Personal Qualities
- Demonstrate a desire to share / grow in knowledge, commitment and profession of the Christian faith.
- Ability to work in a courteous, cooperative, patient and helpful manner with co-workers and others.
- Ability to manage conflict resolution with honesty, integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to accept flexible work assignments outside the primary scope of your responsibility.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and supervise volunteers as necessary to supplement MUMC activities.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality with respect to the business of the church.
- Demonstrated lifestyle that does not undermine your effectiveness as an MUMC employee.
Please send 1) application, 2) resume 3) cover letter by September 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org or a hard copy to Mandarin United Methodist Church C/O Sandy Strickland 11270 San Jose Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32223. A full job description can be found online at www.mandarinumc.com