Date Posted: December 11, 2018
Denomination: United Methodist (Mandarin UMC in Jacksonville)
Church Size: Over 1000 weekly at all services
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s
- Experience Requirement: At least 5 years
The Director of Music and Worship Arts Ministries will creatively support the current music programs, guide the expansion of music instruction, and champion the growth of the music ministry at MUMC. To be an effective candidate, the director must profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, be committed to personal spiritual growth and healthy way of life and be a strong example as well as leader of others in the United Methodist faith.
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a music related field.
- Experience in the music ministry in a church setting.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent choral directing
- Develop musical skills of choir members
- Adequate key board skills to teach choral parts
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, and creative.
- Understanding of technology
- Willingness to network within the community to build relationships.
Summary of Major Ministry Responsibilities
- Commitment to the church’s vision, leadership, and people.
- Develop, guide, and direct choirs, soloists and ensembles for regular church services.
- Leadership during three traditional worship services
- Understanding of a wide variety of musical styles: classical, traditional, southern gospel, gospel, acapella, etc.
- Produce and direct special events, musicals, and programs.
- Direct outreach events into the community.
Summary of Major Leadership Responsibilities
- Communicate and verify accuracy of all printed music for worship; such as the Bulletin and weekly newsletter.
- Communicate regularly to the congregation through the MUMC newsletter and other media formats.
- Conduct weekly rehearsals for multiple choirs, hand bell choir, youth music programs, and coordinate children’s music programs.
- Serves as the leader of music ministry team including volunteers and part-time staff
- Coordinate with accompanists to communicate music needs for worship and special events.
- Meet and rehearse with instrumentalist and soloists who will be performing for church services.
- Meet with Pastors, program staff, and volunteers as needed concerning services, activities, and events.
- Keep inventory on all supplies, equipment, and instruments.
- Communicate with sound ministry for equipment needs, supplies, and equipment repair.
- Assist in planning music for memorial services, funerals, and weddings as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned
MUMC Staff Requirements
- Satisfactory pre-employment background screening is a mandatory condition of MUMC employment.
- Agreement to terms specified in the MUMC Personnel Manual and Child Youth Protection Policy (CYPP).
- Familiar with MUMC Facility Policy (posted MUMC.net) guidelines for use of campus facilities.
- Familiar with the current MUMC Strategic Plan.
- CPR / Defibrillator / First Aid certification is required (periodic training is offered).
MUMC Personal Qualities
- Demonstrate a desire to share / grow in knowledge, commitment and profession of the Christian faith.
- Dedicated work ethic – can identify / prioritize / perform tasks efficiently and with minimal supervision.
- Dependable organization and time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines as expected.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills (including proficiency with use of PC / web applications)
- Ability to work in a courteous, cooperative, patient and helpful manner with co-workers and others.
- Ability to manage conflict resolution with honesty, integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to accept flexible work assignments outside the primary scope of your responsibility.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and supervise volunteers as necessary to supplement MUMC activities.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality with respect to the business of the church.
- Demonstrated lifestyle that does not undermine your effectiveness as an MUMC employee.
Please send 1) resume 3) cover letter to Tom Boyko or a hard copy to Mandarin United Methodist Church C/O Tom Boyko 11270 San Jose Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32223.